Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Point of View

Over the nearly two years that I have been writing this blog, I have written from my point of view, and experience. In some areas, that experience is deep, and in other areas, I have barely scratched the surface. I have shared triumphs and disasters, with as much honesty and humility as I can muster.

But, it is only one perspective. One set of experiences. One point of view.

A few weeks back, Cynthia Tinapple posted a link to a video created by Steven Ford and David Forlano about their business; Ford/Forlano. As I watched the video, I was struck with the idea of interviewing them for this blog about some of what they have learned in their twenty years in business together. They have achieved termendous success over that time, and have perspective and knowledge I can only hope to gain.

Well, you are in luck.....they said yes!

I will be posting the interview shortly, and I think you will enjoy it as much as I did. They are thoughtful, and daring. They plan, and they get in over their heads at times. That yin/yang of being in business and being an artist plays itself out well in their answers, as well as those times where business and art intersect in a wonderful synergy.

I hope to continue down this path, interviewing other artists/business people and gaining insight and wisdom from their experiences and knowledge. My hope is that we will all grow and learn by spreading a wider net. Perhaps the conversation will become more lively as more voices are added! I never intended for this to be a monologue....

3 comments:

Bettina Welker said...

yay, that is great news Judy. I had the chance to talk a bit with David at the show in Baltimore in February. I'm really looking forward to this and to the interviews that will follow.
Bettina

Anonymous said...

what great news. I am looking forward to listening....er reading, what they have to say

Anonymous said...

Great news .
I am allways curious to understand the path artists go through to get where they are. When you start playing with clay you want to be as good at them but you forget they WORKED HARD to get there.