Wednesday, April 18, 2007

New Stuff

I have hinted at how frantically I have been working lately getting ready for shows. From all of this has emerged some new work that I am pretty excited about. I finally have updated my website.....very long overdue,.....and posted lots of new pictures. But here are few of my favorites......



I like how the koi seem to be swimming across the surface of these pieces.



The pod pieces were the new work that evolved out of an experiment last week. I had been working in my head about how to do some jewelry without the black frame. I have experiment to varying degrees of success with the pod idea in the past. The idea of a pod that is open, or opening is part of what appeals to me. The larger piece on the right is actually a pin with a converter to make it into a pendant.

Hope you like them!

4 comments:

susan lomuto rose said...

oh judy, your new work is all wonderful, but the pods! the pods...wow!

Lisa Clarke said...

Oh, I love the pod necklace - very pretty! I always think it elevates the clay a bit when it's paired with gems of some kind, and the pearls are perfect for this application.

Michelle said...

Judy, I like them, too. I'm glad some pieces have "escaped" their black frames.
Note: your phrase, "I had been working in my head about how to..." resonates with me; I'm doing this too, about some designs for larger clocks--it's a very familiar state of being for me these days!

Judy said...

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I will have to share the journey I have taken with this idea some time later. Sometimes it takes some really unsuccessful stuff to get to the better work. I feel like I am finally on the right track with these designs.