Monday, March 26, 2007

Time keeps ticking....

It is two days away from set up for the Crafts Boston show, and I have entered the anxiety zone. It seems to happen without fail in the few days before a show. I have a hard time deciding where to put my effort. Should I make more vessels? Should I accept that I only have a few days left and spend my time organizing, pricing, and maybe doing a bit more work for the ACRE show? What if I don't have enough work? What if I have more than enough work and I could have spent that time on something more productive in the long run?

You get the picture. Inside my head is not the place to be right now. I guess as the time ticks away the freedom of my choice is escaping as well. Each choice I make precludes something else. And if I am so busy questioning my every decision or option, am I really putting my best effort into the work that I am trying to accomplish?

I still do not have answers to my questions really. But I hope by noticing how my anxiety is affecting me I can at least manage it. Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is where an hour long walk once a day can work wonders ...or two 35 minute walks

Anonymous said...

Gads, Judy. You have no idea how comforting it is to know that someone with your level of experience still has these feelings!

Of course on the other hand, it's a bit disconcerting to know that those feelings never really go away, even after much experience.

Please keep sharing your show experiences, I'm gleaning alot from reading your adventures.